two


tomorrow I start working at a new place, for a new company. And honestly, as much as I am hyped, I'm super nervous. Mainly because I got a job that I didn't technically sign up for. And me being me, I couldn't reject it.

I applied for a position to be one of the admin assistants in this certain company, a Muslim company. Wrote an email, sent it in the middle of the night and got a Whatsapp text the next morning. I was shocked, but also grateful cuz out of the 15 emails I wrote that night, only this company bothered to get back to me. Told me to come to their office so we could talk about the work details etc. Yaknow, normal work stuff.
Take in mind that I applied for an ADMIN job. When I got there, they saw my resume, looked at my previous job experiences and asked me whether I wanted to try to work at one of their booths during the Ramadhan period. My job was to sell one of their products at a very very isolated area. So being the kind of person I am (who can't reject for nuts), I accepted the job. Because at the back of my mind, I was rejected so much by other companies, I just wanted to secure a job. No matter what it is, I just needed to keep my mind moving, and not stay at home doing batshit.

i know i should be happy that i finally have a job that's true to my religion and beliefs. And company that doesnt discriminate me for not being able to speak in a certain language and a company that feels I should start from the bottom so i know what the top feels like. but even with all that, i just feel underwhelmed. When I graduated, I was so excited about finding a new job and starting a new life in a new company. But after being rejected so many times, finding a job was like "Agh anything would do as long as i'm being paid."
There's no motivation, determination and there's no more passion to work. Before I was so excited about working for a new company and even if I had a shit position, I would be happy because i applied for a job i WANTED and GOT IT. but now even if i was accepted, i feel meh because the position i applied for was something that i was not even interested in in the first place.

i just hope everything turns out well. because honestly, I don't know what i'd do if this job doesnt work well for me. Another month jobless I guess? This country should do something about their hiring process. It fuckin sucks dicks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

six;

three;

four