three;
when people ask me about the story of how i met my boyfriend, i'd normally tell em that we met in school years ago, fell in love a few years later and got together. yaknow, short and sweet, no drama bla bla bla. but today, i'd like to tell people how i met my partner and how i want to spend the rest of my years with him.
we met when we were in ITE (Institute of Technical Education) , I was 17 and he was 18. we weren't instantly friends, he had his friends that he close with and I had mine. Our cliques never had a chance to 'hang out' and that is partly because his friends didn't like mine. I don't exactly remember how we got into texting, but he told me (from what he remembers) that he found out I liked bands at that point of time and he texted me. And then we just got 'closer' and hung out for a bit outside school. He didn't really want to be seen as friends in school because I guess he didn't want our classmates to 'tease' him about it, but I liked him. Despite his features, he could be really sweet and my favorite thing that he used to do for me was buying me my favorite drink - Pokka Green Tea. He would mumble and grumble about how he's lazy or he doesn't want to, but he still would. His hair was also a stupid little weird thing I liked about him. Messy bird-nest like hair. I would sneak a peak at him during classes because ya know, that's how girls are with their crushes.
So, I liked him, and I tried to pursue him. But he seemed uninterested despite my efforts so I moved on. A rebound, if you would call it. I was pretty upset that he didn't want to be together with me despite how much fun I had when I was with him. At that point of time, I felt that it was unfair that I tried so hard for him to like but, but he didn't like me back. I was pretty sad for awhile because all my hard work as flushed down the drain. I didn't know what he felt about me back then because it was never really discussed, but he told me (now) that he had feelings for me back then but he was already pursuing someone else and he wasn't interested. Obviously that other person was someone he knew longer and had more in common as compared to me AND IN MY MIND i was like 'WHY DIDNT YOU JUST TELL ME THEN AGH'. So yeah, after he told me that after we dated, I was pretty upset with him lmaO haha.
So ye, eventually I dated a few after being 'rejected' by him but in the back of mind I couldn't forget him, yaknow? Idk why, maybe its just a weird feeling, but I was just my woman senses telling me that he was someone I wanted to be with. So i texted him, after like 2 years from graduation?? (cant really remember the exact timeline) but yeah, i texted him, talked to him about school and stuff. And we just, kinda got together after that?
It was kinda weird because he never really established that we were together? it just sorta happened and I was really happy. He admitted after a year of dating that he got together with me because he 'felt bad' and 'wanted to try it out.' but he eventually fell in love with me. I was kinda unhappy at first because of what he said, but I mean, life works out in weird ways, right? And now, here we are, together for 2 years and despite all the fights we had and the disagreements we had with each other, I never want to see my future with someone else.
Our love story is weird, it started from pity and it wasn't from a perfect romcom script. but i'm happy you gave me a chance and now you're so in love with me you dont want no one else, haha. To many more years with you. To decorating a new home together, being parents together, and living our lives together. The path will not be easy, and since everything is soooo expensive in Singapore, we probably get married quite late, but i'll be patient until we both have enough and you ask my hand in marriage. because you're all i want.

Comments
Post a Comment