five;

i dont know if i've been living a lie for all these time. religion has been something that i've lived with my whole life and it's practices I would follow through and through.Then as I got older, I realized that all I wanna do is have fun & enjoy activities that kids my age would like to do. I didn't want to wear my headscarf, I would delay my prayers or not pray at all. Sometimes I would do other things that the religion wouldn't allow yet I still wanted to 'try everything in life & not regret it later on.' I started going home late, lying, enjoying food and I forgot all things holy.

I'm almost at that age whereby i should have 'found God' and i should be on my knees praying and begging for forgiveness every single day. i should be going to classes, praying 5 times a day and going home early to read the Quran. the feeling in the my heart tells me that I should be doing all these things, but I just can't bring myself to. Dont get me wrong though, I believe that there is only Allah and His teachings are right. I love my religion and I have never doubt a single thing. But as much as I believe, i still ask myself everyday as to why I never practiced our daily tasks. I knew it's bad to miss prayers, its bad to not be able to read the Quran even though you will be though by a professional. But i dont know, i just cant seem to bring myself to it. but i'm being told by dad that I should do this, do that and keep my hijab on no matter what.

but if i keep it on but don't try to practice the daily tasks, wouldnt that make me a huge hypocrite? shouldn't i just take it off, live the life i want and do whatever i wish?
if only if it was that easy. as the eldest daughter, a lot of pressure is constantly on my shoulders. the phrases 'you should be an example' or 'youre the oldest, don't do anything stupid.' are always ringing in my head over and over again and honestly, even though i'm sick and tired of listening, my freedom will always be something I have no control over. as long as i'm under the roof of my parents, nothing will change.

but who knows one day, after all these naggings, my mind will change? Maybe I will love God even know and I will perform well (or try to) to finish the daily tasks we are assigned to do. But at this point of state and mind, even though I'm scared of death, I do wish I could have some of my freedom back.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

six;

three;

four